- Trial statusFollowup
- Study email contactHOPE-HF@imperial.ac.uk
- Chief InvestigatorDr Zachary Whinnett
- Project managerMyril Mariveles
- SponsorImperial College Academic Health Science Centre
- ISRCTN numberISRCTN86179285
AV optimisation delivered with direct His bundle pacing, in patients with heart failure, long PR without left bundle branch block: randomised multi-centre clinical outcome study.
Design and Objective
The objective is to evaluate whether, a group of heart failure patients who are not currently targeted for pacing therapy for heart failure, will obtain benefit from pacing therapy delivered to allow optimisation of LV preload by shortening Atrioventricular delay.
Key inclusion criteria
• Aged 18 or above • Ventricular Ejection Fraction (EF) ≤ 40%; BNP needs to be ≥250ng/L for patients with EF 36-40% • New York Heart Association (NYHA) class II-IV • PR interval ≥200ms • Narrow QRS duration (≤140ms) or prolonged QRS duration with typical Right Bundle Branch Block (RBBB) morphology on 12 lead ECG and sinus rhythm